About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

St. Patrick's Day...?

I know, I'm a week behind. But let's pretend that today is last Wednesday. St. Patrick's Day is usually not a big deal to me. I'm a little bit Irish, but green beer isn't really my thing. But any holiday is ten times more fun when a two-year-old is involved. So at our house, even small holidays get celebrated.

We did an activity with shamrocks during Family Home Evening the day before. Little Boy's is easy to pick out.
Little Boy also colored a leprechaun, and I helped him cut it out and glue it together. I made him touch the sticky part of the glue stick. He didn't scream. This is progress.
Green Kool-Aid at dinner. Little Boy thought it was the best-tasting juice ever. The rest of us liked that it turned our tongues green.
Dinner. I know, right? It doesn't look so good. It's (green) scrambled eggs, hash browns, and ham cooked all together. And let me tell ya--it looks horrible, but it tasted amazing.
And then there were brownies for dessert. I forgot to get a better picture of them than this:
Oh well. Normally I would put mint flavoring in the frosting, but Isaac doesn't like mint and chocolate together. So I browsed through the cupboard and found rum flavoring--rum is Irish, right? The rum-flavored frosting with the brownies was so good. Who'da thought? Anyway, my next posts will be more up-to-date. But I wanted to squeeze this one in because, really, what else would I do with these pictures?

6 comments:

  1. Wow. That all looks so yummy and fun! We have that same chart. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I loved that your little one has a thing about glue sticks. Kids are so fun - just wait until he's a teen and will glue his fingers together just so he can pull them apart... Just you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! And can I say I love your FHE chart thing (don't know what to call it!!) I missed the Enrichment where they made those, so I am going to have to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great St patrick's day. Green green. Kids just love it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those brownies were yummy. We will have to make them again, soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...