About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bean Counter

Take one Little Boy...

 

add some beans from the pantry that, let's face it, I'm never going to use...

 

...and a measuring cup. And then make it very clear that the beans will stay on the pan. [They didn't, but he tried pretty hard.]

He played with this for half an hour, and I'm sure he would've gone on much longer, but it was nap time. And nap time is very, very important around here.

8 comments:

  1. fun! you are just soo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt's preschool has a bean filled sand table. It's his favorite.

    It's hard work filling up all those toddler hours. Nap time is critical! Mommy needs a break :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BBJ LOVES this! I give her little spoons and cups and she pours the beans back and forth.

    Only problem is the beans that I used are soy beans...therefore ROUND. They roll EVERYWHERE if they happen to get out of the pan. ;-) Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope none of the beans ended up, up his nose. That happened to my cousins little boy. The bean actually sprouted! It also smelled really bad. The smell was what made her decide she needed to take him to the Dr. Seems he was growing his own little bean stock.

    I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, my grandma used to let us play with baens and we LOVED it!!! FuN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Cutee!! It makes me think of a sandbox, but that could just be the measuring cup resembling a pail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love finding wonderful ways to keep little hands happy and busy. What a great idea. I understand about naptime!

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...