About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 14, 2010

One of Those Small Moments That Everyone Always Talks About

Hey, mothers--you know those moments when your kid makes you so happy and so sad at the same time?

I had one of those moments the other day. I was running errands, and Isaac was at home with Little Boy. When I got home, Little Boy was in his bed--it was naptime--crying. No big deal, usually, but we were about to leave for my parents' house, so I went to get him from his room.

 Now usually, if Isaac or I came home and asked Little Boy, "Did you miss me?", he would say yes--he would never say "I missed you" on his own. But on that day, when I went into his bedroom to get him ready to go, the first thing he said to me was: "Because I missed you so much!" [He doesn't really have a firm grasp on what 'because' means, either.]

 

And then my heart broke a little, because he'd missed me. But my heart sang a little, too, because he'd been able to articulate his feelings. And also because...what mother doesn't melt when their baby loves them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...