About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Potato Head Explosion

Remember the picture from yesterday of one million Potato Head pieces on the floor? 

Well. Usually I don't buy toys for Little Boy that have a million pieces, and I don't encourage them from other people. But that's just the thing--nobody bought it. I won it. 

I entered a sweepstakes months ago on Parenting.com (I think that's where it was, anyway...) for an 80th Anniversary Mr. Potato Head Set. And then I completely forgot about it, just like every other contest I've ever entered. Because really, who wins that stuff? 

So fast-forward to last Wednesday, Christmas Eve day. I walked out my front door and saw the mail truck pull into our parking lot. Usually the truck doesn't pull in; the mailboxes are near the street. How odd, I thought. He must have a package to deliver. I was walking down the sidewalk, about to get in the car and drive to my mom's house, and as I passed the mailman he asked, "Do you live in apartment number X?" 

"Uh...yeah." 

I looked at the label on the box, but I didn't recognize the return address, so I put it in the car and took it with me to Mom's house. When I got to Mom's house, I opened the box and saw a brightly colored toy. I didn't order a brightly-colored toy. So I pulled it out of the box...and it was a giant Mr. Potato Head "filled with 80+ pieces!!!" 

Oh yeah...that contest. Months ago. How did I win that? Since it was Christmas eve, I thought, "Merry Christmas to Little Boy!" and packed it back up for him to open in the morning. 

So the millions of Potato Head pieces are kind of cool...there are some fun pieces in there. But Little Boy isn't really interested. The pieces are hard to get in and out of the little holes in the potatoes. So I think I'll put it away for a few months. He'll like it eventually.

2 comments:

  1. I had one of those when I was a little girl.
    When a friend of ours turned 50, we gave her one because apparently, Mr. Potato Head was 50 years old at that time too. Are you sure it was 80?

    Lots of pieces - easy to lose, aren't they?

    Have a happy, happy new year!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never won anything. At least not that cool!

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...