About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Old Years and New Years

[image by Katratzi]

I haven't been blogging well lately. (You may have noticed. Heh.) So...I think I owe you guys an explanation.

At the beginning of November, I found out that I was pregnant. I felt tired and sick, so I didn't blog much.

In the middle of December, I found out that I wasn't pregnant anymore. I felt tired and sick (still), and a lot of other things. Blogging was not on my list of priorities at all.

And now...most of the time, I feel like I'm making a pretty good recovery. And I feel like blogging again. So here I am.

So, New Year's, anyone? There are a lot of changes coming up for us in 2013--Isaac will be graduating from technical college, hopefully finding a job, and moving us who-knows-where. It's hard for me to think about goals and self-improvement when I can't see past big, scary, hairy changes.

But. You know how a lot of people will say, "I hope 2013 will be awesome!" Hoping for a great new year is good, but I think we can all do better than that. Life is what you make it, right? So isn't 2013 going to be what you make it? Sure, you might get sick, your parents might die, your house might burn down, the economy might NEVER EVER EVER recover, and the government might knock on your door and take your guns and your children away. (Uh...maybe.)

But if you really believe that happiness depends on your attitude (and I do believe that), then 2013 depends on your attitude, too. So, be a good person. Help someone out. Do your small part to make 2013 a good year for everyone. And if you feel crummy or sad...take a nap.

And then get up and try again. 2013 is going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...