About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blooming!

When Isaac quit his job last summer, one of his co-workers gave him an orchid as a going-away gift. It was gorgeous, and we kept it until all its blossoms fell off.
And then I read on the internet that if you're very patient, and if you keep the orchid in a sunny window (...and water it...), it will bloom again the next year. So I did.
And then, a month or so ago, I noticed that it wasn't looking so hot. We kept it in one of those half-circle windows above the windows in our dining area, so I couldn't really see it very well.
So I got it down, figuring that I was kind of tired of watering it, if it was dying anyway...and noticed that it was NOT dying.
It was creating new life! I think the leaves were a bit wilted because it was using its energy to produce buds. It's bloomed a bit since I took this picture, and guess what? Still gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. I like your observation of leaves sacrificing their energy for buds to bloom. Such is life, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...