About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our Easter Eggs

I didn't take very many pictures of Easter this year. But I have a million pictures of the Easter eggs that we dyed, so...I'm inflicting them on you. Ha ha!

Anyways, every year I try to do something different with our Easter eggs. One year we did rubber bands, and we've done crayons...stuff like that. So this year, the first thing I came up with was natural dyes*--and, being the lazy girl that I am, I just went with it. Good thing it worked out, huh?

This isn't the greatest photo, but it's decent enough to show the colors that we ended up with. (I was kind of afraid we'd just end up with different shades of brown.) The orange-y colors were a bit orangier in real life, and the spinach eggs were a nice gray-green that doesn't really come out in the photo. Oh, and the egg in the upper right corner says "dandelion petals." Kinda hard to read that one.



Pretty, right? We got a way wider range of color than I thought we would. They were a bit more work than regular Easter eggs, and I don't think I'll do them again for a few years, but I loved how they turned out.

* I don't have anything against regular Easter egg or food dyes. Well, maybe a little. But really, I just wanted to do something different this year.

4 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I am one who enjoys cleaning with vinegar because it's nostalgic of Easter eggs!
    However... this is way cute! Did you use anything as the base or just water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how neat. I love how it turned out. And nope, nothing wrong with being against the usual easter egg dyes. It is definitely fun to change it up a bit sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...the blueberry ones are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...