About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Friday, July 9, 2010

Spongesquare Bobpants




Little Boy's favorite TV show, by far, is Spongebob Squarepants. Perhaps you've heard of it? [Ha.]

I kind of like Spongebob. I think he's funny. I know that puts me in the mommy minority--lots of parents don't let their kids watch Spongebob at all. And I kind of understand why--yeah, there's bathroom humor, and the characters insult each other, and Spongebob is annoying. All true. But I like it anyway.

That said, if I ever noticed that Little Boy were acting out more or learning insults, that'd be the end of Spongebob for our family. But, honestly? I've noticed more of that from him after watching Kipper than after watching Spongebob. Every kid is different, I guess. As for being in the mommy minority...when have I ever let that bother me?

1 comment:

  1. You know, Benny likes Spongebob-the character. The show? Thats a different story. When it comes on he screams "I don't want that!" and he doesnt ever watch it.

    Personally, I think Spongebob is hilarious! But I am glad that Benny doesn't watch it yet. :-)

    I'd never heard of Kipper either. Benny can't live without (well, he could, but you know what I mean) Thomas, Yo Gabba Gabba (which I totally love) and he's totally into Olivia. He's tried to get me to let him watch Barney (only because he's a dinosaur) and I'm happy to report he's never watched it and never will, either. lol

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...