About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Recipe: Cowboy Cookies

{image source} I've eaten a lot of cookies in my life. (Who hasn't?!) And most of them were good, but only a few of them were REALLY good. And I want you guys to know that I wouldn't share a cookie recipe with you unless it was REALLY good. And this one is. This is Isaac's Aunt Dawn's recipe (hi Dawn!), and I don't know where she got it. The instructions before the recipe are hers, too. Cowboy Cookies The secret to making these taste SUPER good is to use ½ cup real butter and ½ cup margarine (a trick I learned from my nephew Ben) and use 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1 cup of freshly ground whole wheat flour (a trick I made up myself). Then? Perfection! And don’t leave out the pecans. That would be a BIG mistake, baby! 1 cup butter or margarine, melted 1 cup granulated sugar 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups quick-cooking oats 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips ¾ cup chopped pecans Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, stir until a soft dough forms. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and pecans. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in a airtight container. Yield: about 5 1/2 dozen cookies Giddyup!

1 comment:

  1. I have had these cookies before and they are yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...