About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

In Which The Boy Doesn't Go to Kindergarten

Good news: I'm fi-nal-ly done with that infernal awesome Humanities class.

In theory, that means I'll have more time for blogging.

I'm not going to try to catch up on everything I haven't blogged about for these last six months. That would be silly of me. I figure the important stuff will come up in my normal blogging, anyway.

So here's what I want to blog about today: today would have been The Boy's first day of kindergarten, if we weren't homeschooling him (and by "we," I mean "hardly ever Isaac"). Isaac and I made this decision after a lot of prayer and a lot of research...but mostly prayer. We're very sure that this is what we need to be doing. But that doesn't make it easy.

Here's where my conflicted feelings come in. On the one hand, The Boy loves homeschooling, and I'm having a lot of fun teaching. He's already halfway through his kindergarten work. It's good to know that we're doing what's right for us. And homeschooling has a lot of benefits that we're already seeing. But on the other hand, I could have saved a lot of money, time, and sanity by sending him to a traditional kindergarten. I'm happy that I don't have to deal with adjusting to a new schedule, but I'm sad that he doesn't get to experience a first day of school--new teacher, new classmates, new pencils. (I'm a nerd; I loved the first day of school. Shut up.)

I'll probably be over it by tomorrow. Maybe. Until next year's "first day of school" rolls around. And then I'll just re-post that last paragraph, and nobody will notice. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...