About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Friends Are...

{image source} "We could remember that Christ called His disciples friends and that friends are those who stand by us in times of loneliness or potential despair. We could remember a friend we need to contact or, better yet, a friend we need to make. In doing so we could remember that God often provides his blessings through the compassionate and timely response of another. For someone nearby we may be the means of heaven's answer to a very urgent prayer." -Jeffrey R. Holland

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this is surprising to hear me say this but I think about the scriptures every now and then...little things here and there remind me of something I've once read or a message therein. This post reminded me of a scripture that our mutual friend, Matt Manning, shared with me before I left on my mission that has always stuck with me.

    It's about a lot of things but to me, it is about friends. I hope you don't mind that I quote it here: "My son [or daughter], peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands." D&C 121:7-9

    Just so you know, this friend will always stand by you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...