About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Blog Archive

Friday, April 16, 2010

Recipe: Fudgy Frosting


{This...is clearly not my cupcake. And it has nothing to do, really, with the following recipe. Click here for the photo source and more pictures of cute cupcakes.}

This is the best frosting I have ever eaten {again, this has nothing to do with the cupcake up there}. I put it on my birthday cupcakes this week. And thanks to this frosting, my birthday turned out to be delicious.

A quick note: yes, making frosting takes a bit more time than using frosting from the store. And a bit more effort. But not much more. Homemade frosting is also better for you than the stuff at the store--it's still junk food, but at least you can pronounce all the ingredients in it. Anyway, on to the recipe.

Fudgy Frosting
adapted from a recipe in my mom's Pillsbury cookbook

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder (heaping, if you like dark chocolate. Which I do. And it really makes this frosting yummy)
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Melt butter in a saucepan on the stove. Add the cocoa powder, and heat it until it barely starts to boil. Remove from heat, and pour into a large bowl. Let it cool for a minute or two. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix it all together. Add more milk if you like it a little runnier.

And try to restrain yourself from eating it all straight out of the bowl. Which I would have done, if my cupcakes hadn't looked so naked.

2 comments:

  1. I've had this before and it is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds good! I'll have to try it. I have an absolute FEAR of any recipe that calls for creaming butter. Because my butter (at least here) is either stone cold, or melting on the counter.

    This one calls for melting in the pot! I can do that....

    I'm going to link up at Suburban Housewives!

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...