About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Dislocation.

My husband got a new job (finally!), and we've moved to the other side of the state. We've been here for two weeks. In some ways, this move has been fantastic. In other ways, it's been such a struggle for me.

So I thought that blogging about it might help.


We had a six-hour drive, so I over-prepared. Better to have more than The Boy could ever finish than to run out of activities halfway there.

We drove over mountains.

We landed here. My earmuffs have come in handy.

We found this cozy little used bookstore. I'm in love with it.
(This photo is staged. But he was doing the same thing a few minutes before.)

And then...The Boy slipped on some slush and broke his leg. I told him to smile for this photo. The fact that he didn't says a lot about how he felt that day.

But don't worry. We've had such an outpouring of support from family and friends. The Boy cruises around the apartment on his crutches like a pro. And everywhere (I mean everywhere) we take him, people are friendly and ask him what happened.

That's enough for now, I think. I'll post photos of Christmas later (or not--we all know how I am about these blog promises). And if I can find the words, I'll write about the thoughts that have accompanied the events of the last two weeks (or not--we all know that I hate to talk about my mental health).

Umm...let's just say that I'll post again eventually. That's a promise I can stick to.


3 comments:

  1. Love you, Andrea! We'll take what we can get! (Blog-wise) I'm so glad that the job finally came and that you are getting settled in! xoxo Can't wait to hear more, if you ever get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so much happening all at once! Congratulations on your husbands job, what an answer to prayer I'm sure! - I'm confident you'll be fine, like a seed, we grow where we are planted right!!! As for that boy of yours, ouch! poor guy. Glad he's doing well - Happy New Year Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back. Love your honesty. Haha. Letting us know the pic at the library was recreated. Saying Christmas pics and thoughts coming . . . or also not coming. It gave me a good chuckle. Change is good and exciting . . . and super hard. Hope the bumpy parts smooth out quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...