About

I'm Andrea, and this is my personal blog. Thanks for being here! I usually post on Fridays and Sundays, when I share something that makes me happy or a spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in another post or two.

Feel free to leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also reach me at teachmetowalk [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Scrollin' Buttons

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Where Men and Women Grow

[photo by wildpianist via Compfight]
"It is not on the pinnacle of success and ease where men and women grow most. It is often down in the valley of heartache and disappointment and reverses where men and women grow into strong characters."

-President Ezra Taft Benson, quoted by Elder Dallin H. Oaks in "Adversity"

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh. This is so so true. When I look back over my life I am so grateful for the things I've learned in the valleys of life. And, when I am right in the midst of those times, it comforts me to remember this, but, I have to admit, when I am on a peak and life is rosy and easy, these words make me nervous. It's because I know they are true, and, I know that to become who I want in this life, there will need to be more trials and challenges and heartaches. But, I know that is just lack of faith. They will come, but, as always, He will be there to help me see them through!

    ReplyDelete

Please, chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...